June 4, 2018.
As a rising junior at Smith College, my life has changed drastically since I first started compiling this list. Quite a few items are bordering on embarrassing, but it’s some kind of wonderful to see what was important to me back in 2013 and 2014 and all the following years. I think I’ll leave this up here, just as a reminder to myself not to forget where I come from.
– – – – – – – – –
I love making lists. A year or two ago, I made around 22 or 25 to-do formal lists. And no one could begin to imagine some of the most random things on there. There’s just something so exciting about crossing it all out once you’re done. Maybe I’ll even write a post someday about all the different lists I make whenever my brain starts overheating and/or getting cluttered.
I got really inspired after going through this: http://mylifeisapictureshow.wordpress.com/i-want-to-do-that-list/ by Liza.
And now I’ve decided to write my own ‘little’ (read: ever-increasing) list 🙂
June 4, 2018 (updates recorded on this date are color-coded uptil
- Latin Honors at College. Please?
Declare a major by first semester of my sophomore year??Done! Visit New York City
- One Broadway musical or show or whatever. JUST SOME BROADWAY.
- Learn to swim
- Try for an internship at SNL
Give my final A Level exams.HALLELUJAH. A*AAAB Re-vamp my blog template.I don’t care for this anymore Read up on negative capability. (Keats, my love!)Ended up doing this as prep for my A Level. Be done with college apps with a reasonable margin for time.Idk about margins but I got into college under an Early Decision plan with the amount of scholarship I needed so, I guess I won. Work on my new wall. Frames and shelves and all.Okay so this never worked out.
– – – – – – – color-coded up till here, below this the updates are not recorded according to dates – – – – – –
Move out of my room and set up shop in the new roomDone. Give my AS exams.Yes.
- Study Economics. NEARLY A YEAR AND A HALF AFTER I MADE THIS LIST… I AM NOW 5 MONTHS AWAY FROM STUDYING THIS SUBJECT! I HAD FORGOTTEN IT WAS EVEN ON THIS LIST I FEEL SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW((oh god wow.. i am now weeks away from studying this)) ((Couple of weeks away from my AS exam. Time flies bruh)) (((October 20, 2015: Got an A! Doing college apps now, fingers crossed!))) ((((Finished my second year, managed an A*, got into college with a hefty scholarship and I’m now two days away from move-in day at Smith College. Amen.)))) (((((Wrapped up sophomore year at Smith. I’m an Econ and English double-major.)))))
Get an A+ in my Additional Mathematics examI FAILED. Okay I need to calm down more.. It was a B, which is still a pretty big accomplishment. Give my final 8 O’Levels Give my O’Levels again because of the CIE Board’s ‘security compromises’ (FML)Done that. Freedom on 14th June, 2013. Give my O’LevelsMay 7th, 9th, 14th, 15th Explain the concept of ‘fandoms’ and ‘fangirling’ to my parents.At least I TRIED. Start writing more frequently in journal.I have succeeded in keeping a most-of-summer journal! Watch 2 movies at the cinema in one day.I watched Brave and The Amazing Spider Man during the summer! Buy (and finish) the entire Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz at bargain pricesDone! I only bought two at high prices. Rest I got at bargain prices, at the old book shop! 😀 Old Books FTW! Overcome fear of Math.I DID IT! Decide whether to opt for Sociology or Additional Mathematics as optional O level subject.Additional Mathematics. Unless I die mid-year and switch.
Make ‘friends-for-keeps’ at new school.Maybe. Collect all The Princess Diaries books.Just not a priority anymore. What the hell was I thinking … Find Evil Star by Anthony Horowitz at bargain priceFinally got it! At Rs. 150 only! HAH.
Get 30 followers on blog.1st December, 2012. Saturday. 31 followers. ^.^
- Get better at creating (and executing) plots. I’m working on it… I scored a pretty high grade on a recent story thing in class. ((Took my first fiction writing class Sophomore spring at Smith! Onwards and upwards!))
Watch The Hunger Games!Watched it on Saturday afternoon, 25th of August, 2012.
Watch The LoraxDid so on the night of 15th of August, 2012. 🙂 Visit Snog and try frozen yoghurt!NOT EVEN IMPORTANT ANYMORE. Never had it, though Make Butterscotch Brownies (http://thesugarlump.com/2012/08/05/butterscotch-brownies/#comment-788)They were YUM.
- Visit Paris
- Travel first-class
Visit MaldivesDone, 2007. 🙂
- Visit Maldives, alone.
- Learn swimming.
Make (and eat) Chicken Enchiladas.17th August, 2012 – Made Enchiladas for the first time. Finish my four Oxford Mathematics textbooks.What began in 6th grade… has finally come to an end. *cue nostalgia*
- Make Chocolate Pudding (Yes, believe it or not, I’ve never made one.)
Try SushiYES I DID THIS. In late October 2014, i think.
- Watch Doctor Who from Season 1 (1969?) till Season 7 (2012)!
Appear on live TVPakistan-India Semi-Final Day – I was invited on air with a couple of friends to sing national songs. It was embarassing but it was something. 😉 Perform a gig14th January, 2012 at the Base Rock Cafe. My first ever gig! 🙂
- Become a professional guitarist.
Master singing the high notes in ‘Skyscraper’ by Demi Lovato.Oh my god frik this. NO.
- Attend the Country Music Awards.
- Attend the Grammy’s!
Write in a magazineDid so for nearly 6 months, about 2 years ago.
- Learn Spanish. (tried this summer! Will continue soon.)
- Get driven around on the Nurburgring in a McClaren F1.
Sing (well) infront of my school (audience)I don’t know about the ‘well’ part. All I know is that it happened twice this year. I only remember the second time’s date though – 20th April, 2013. Try the Oreo Chocolatto at Cinnabon.So much ice, halfway through I was drinking chocolate water. -.-
- Visit London.
- Get a picture taken with the Eiffel Tower.
- Go on a roller-coaster.
- Write and publish a book.
Buy a shirt with a rickshaw embroidered on the back.Screw them. I think they went out of sale. Go on an online shopping spree! 😀About time to cross this off I think, I’ve bought plenty of books online and I’m now at the stage where that is worth more than a ‘clothes’-spree. Sort of.
- Get a Doctor Who themed tee.
- Get a statuette of a Weeping Angel (from Doctor Who episode Blink)
Get a TARDIS figurine or collectible or something..Actually have so many now, omg!
- Get a Patrick Star stuffed toy!
Get a figurine of one of those small, yellow minions from Despicable Me.Ew. Why was I ever this way. Get bedroom door replaced by a wooden, blue, TARDIS door.Close enough! My brother made a life-size TARDIS door out of cardboard! It is now leaning against my bedroom wall. 😀
- Get a picture taken with The Stig
- Meet the UK presenters of Top Gear (Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May! 😀 )
- Have The Stig drive me around in a Rolls Royce Phantom, on the Nurburgring. (Yes, I know. It’s extremely far-fetched.)
- Meet David Tennant.
- Go to a Comic Con.
- Go to a Doctor Who convention.
Perform on American Idol, or at least be a part of the audience.American Idol sucked every season after season 8. Don’t want this. Start making better use of time i.e. start exercising better time-management skills.Much much better at this now, still working on it though. Change blog theme.Finally done so!
- Get Freshly Pressed.
Plan my life. *le sigh*This is too far-fetched. I’ve scratched it off.