Okay – I know that I am writing after so long and it is absolutely unacceptable of me to respond to Nevillegirl’s nomination after a week (!) – but in my defence, I have been very busy. My tests finished nearly two weeks ago, and then my grade left for a field trip to the northern parts of Pakistan, and even though I didn’t go, I kept myself quite busy by watching re-runs and catching up on my reading. Also, for once in my lifetime – I wasn’t overcome with sudden, mad desires to blog.
A week ago, I was nominated by Nevillegirl at Musings From Neville’s Navel for The Very Inspiring Blog Award!
This is my second nomination, the first also being from Nevillegirl, and I was extremely flattered. It just feels really nice when someone, whose blog you admire so much, (that’s right! Lay it on real thick, Zo!) nominates you. Obviously, that implies that the blogger actually reads your work and yet again – another cause of happiness.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Place the award on your site
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award.
I don’t recall thanking Nevillegirl, although I do recall praising her. So, in more direct terms – Thank you so much! 😀 This really, really means a lot to me. It’s like applause and/or a slap on the back.
Now onto Rule #2 –
7 Random Things About Gallifrey
- After every shower I am usually seen with a towel turban for nearly two hours.
- The first song I actually sat down to listen to (i.e. with the intention of ‘listening’ ) was Hotel California by the Eagles.
- I apologized to one of my many teddy-bears for not choosing it, to take on a road trip once, when I was quite young.
- I can’t read without snacking on something alongside.
- I can’t go to school without first making my bed and making sure my sheets are crease-free.
- I absolutely love making to-do lists; in fact I think I might go as far as to say I can’t function without one.
- Once I sang ‘The Climb’ by Miley Cyrus at the top of my voice, thinking no one was home, and then suddenly my Dad (who had come back, silently) peeped into the kitchen with this incredulous expression on his face. I think I died with embarrassment.
So, I think I’m done with Rules 1, 2 and 3. Now all that’s left is the nominations! 😀
Here are 15 blogs that I love reading and that I think deserve this award, because I really do get inspired by these bloggers and their work. 🙂
- The Time Lord Chronicles
- The Cheeky Diva
- Light Friday
- Rambles, Rants And Raves
- Peter Monaco
- The Fourth Wall
- Impybat’s Emporium
- Musings From Neville’s Navel
- Beta Nerd
- Books Are Better Than Diamonds
- Broken Penguins
- The Teenage Writer
- Zen Scribbles
- Miriam Joy Writes
Phew. That’s enough hyper-linking for one day! Now I shall inform these lovely people..