Note: This post was written more than a week back, or maybe more – so excuse the tense errors, in relation to the present.
Okay so, let me start with a weird story.
I log on this morning, after coming home from my extremely troublesome-to-attend extra Literature in English class (it’s a 2 hour class on Saturday morning, people. -__- )
And then I notice the cute little orange star on the top bar. That is always a nice greeting. Anyway, so I check them and I notice a ping-back. I open the link in a new tab, going “Oh – how unusual. I shall look into this in a mo!”
Of course – I forget to see what blog the ping-back was from. I instead riffle through my Reader and open up dozen more tabs. Very ambitious, I know. Coincidentally, I click on I Love Him, I Hate Him just because she sounded so happy that she had gotten an award. I enjoy the happy-vibe from people. Occasionally. :p So then, if you have kept pace with my ferocious clickings, you know that I had two tabs open on the same blog post. I read the post, felt very happy, connected with a certain line she had written, and commented. And then she said: “Owww And I hope you enjoy your nomination also. ^^ “
That caught me off guard. Why? Because being the absent-minded idiot I can be, I hadn’t even read the whole post! I had forgotten (don’t ask me how!) to read the nominee list. And thus had missed my name! I, then, remembered the ping-back and it all fell into place! Needless to say, it was a pleasantly surprising experience.
THANK YOU ILH,IHH! You just made my day! And funnily enough, this was such a good day to choose for nominating me (thank you so much, again!) as today my follower list went up to 31 (which is more than the number I had thought I’d ever get to) and I have nearly 600 page views. Of course that is such a measly number, keeping in mind the thousands of hits others get, but COME ON!
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 5 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award onto 6 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back
5. Link back to the Blog of the Year 2012 Rules page so people can read the real, complete, and fully accurate rules of this slightly-different blogger award
#2 – already done so!
#3 – I never do justice to this one!
- I should be studying for my Islamiat mid-year exam right now.
- I feel I am very good at digging deep, and discovering people’s hidden selves.
- I love drinking milky coffee, even though I’ve heard its very bad for your skin.
- My favorite chapter in Physics is the one concerning the moments of forces.
- I am very, very easily distracted.
#5 – Here is the official page: Blog of The Year 2012 Award
That is numbers 1,2,3 and 5 done with.
Now, for the nominations!