In response to the Daily Prompt: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/daily-prompt-success/
~ ~ ~ ~
What would a life well lived mean to someone? I believe that’s a really important question, because through this simple question, one is actually asking the other to summarize what to them is their idea of a good life. The hardest part, for me, is the summarization, since I think a life can be defined as having been well lived judging by what has been done and accomplished in that lifetime. Of course, to others it might just mean following a motto, a guideline through to the end.
What would a life well lived mean to me:
- Understood myself.
- Achieved ‘self-actualization’ (whatever that is! Mia keeps talking about it in the Princess Diaries) (Or maybe it’s the same as my first point! :p)
- Written at least one best-selling book.
- Sang and recorded at least one song.
- Learnt to play at least two instruments.
- Managed not to hurt anyone too badly and if I did, then I should have said sorry the first chance I got.
- Done something good and great; something that affected the world.
- Inspired at least one person to do something that changed their life for the better.
- Learnt to love myself as I am.
- Learnt to accept negative criticism and use it to better myself.
- Broken the habit of chewing on my fingernails (I know, I know! Ew. -_- )
- Overcome my fears. Especially my fear of math.
- Realised what really matters the most.
- Hosted one radio show!
- Don’t really ‘regret regret’ something, if you know what I mean..
I asked people around me.. and they had this to say:-
- A life well lived, to me, would mean a life that lives on after me.
My 12 year old brother:
- A nice house, full of stuff that you love. It should be creative.
- Read enough books
- Had a lot of coffee
- Died while reading.
- Made good friends.
- Attended decent amount of family gatherings
Yeah – we don’t really think along the same lines..